Monday, July 5, 2010

engaged!

And now it begins! Hard to believe I've been back from Haiti for a month now...and that we've been engaged for that long also! I figured since I've been involved in dozens of weddings -- even planned/coordinated a few -- I'd have a better idea of where to start when it comes to my own...but no such luck. Just going to www.theknot.com is overwhelming, and their incessant "countdown" and checklist aren't really helping to make the whole thing less daunting. Still, have to admit looking at dresses and cake designs has been kind of fun, even if in some ways I feel like I'm doing all of this for someone else, still hasn't really sunk in that I'm the one getting married!

I should probably concentrate on first things first, like deciding where and when the wedding is going to be... That we haven't really nailed down those details is a bit stressful, since not much else can really be done until we have that info, but the procrastinator in me knows I have more than a year to plan this thing, so what's a few more months of uncertainty?!

So instead I've been exploring random possibilities such as buying a letterpress -- and all related equipment -- so I can design and print my own invites...as if we have the extra disposable income lying around! But I would consider it an investment for (hopefully) many future projects as well... :) I discovered the definitive website for all things letterpress yesterday (www.briarpress.org) and am a little obsessed right at this moment, despite the fact that I'm a complete novice and have only taken about 20 hours of letterpress printing class so far. Still, I'm maybe 30% convinced this hobby could actually stick (unlike others I've taken up over the years)...

Okay, back to the issue at hand... The one thing I'm pretty sure has been decided about the wedding so far is the color scheme...in case you couldn't guess already from this website: black/white (or natural)/red. Not bad, right? Maybe a tad formal but it's not going to be stuffy at all, just simple and clean. Any other suggestions ranging from venues to vendors are welcome -- could use all the help I can get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment