Wednesday, August 18, 2010

almost ready to move!


Only two more weeks until the end of the month...and the move to 22 Bianco!! It's going to be pretty rough going for the first month or so -- although we'll have A/C, security system, cable and internet, basic appliances, we won't really have any walls or a working shower. Maybe I'm being a little stubborn about imposing this "early" deadline and insisting on moving in by September 1, but I really feel that after three years, it's time to get serious and force ourselves to be uncomfortable...or else it'll never get finished! Plus I don't want to deal with the messiness of a half-month lease...or my landlady trying to convince us to stay another year... It's altogether simpler this way -- definitely not easier but cleaner...

Have I mentioned that I HATE the moving process?! *sigh* Despite usually being in denial about these things, I actually have started packing slowly... My books are all boxed up, and the next room to tackle will be the kitchen with all the necessary wrapping. After that I'll tackle the bedroom and throw all the clothes in big plastic bins -- key because everything we move into the house will need to be covered/have a lid given there will continue to be a ton of dust (plastering, drilling, sheetrock, etc.) to accumulate in the foreseeable future.

Once we're more settled into the house -- I'm thinking by mid-October or so -- I can begin thinking more about the wedding. My mom called this morning to offer her help with the guest list...which I appreciate but can't even wrap my head around right now!! At least I have something to look forward to and hopefully take my mind off the fact that I'll be walking across the street to our neighbors' house to shower for most of September!! (Luckly they happen to be very good friends or else we''d have to rejoin the gym just to be able to freshen up in the mornings!) And lest it sound like I'm complaining, am trying to approach this whole move as an adventure...something to tell the kids about in 10 years... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment